Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"The Story Is Not The Miracle"

And another thing
what is up with your
sharpish retort to
the outpouring of my heart?

Did I say too much;
was I too open;
did it hurt somehow
to bear witness to the miracle?

How stupid I've been,
how brittle and insensitive
to not see this story could
not find a home in your heart

while you are hurting still.
Forgive my verbose blunder
and let me get you cup of tea
and let's be still together

until your hurt melts
leaving nothing but life
giving refreshment
and comfort for us both.

2 comments:

Camp Director said...

These are the words of a sister.

I hurt her with my pain.
I fled in loneliness and fear.

And when I came back again.
She lovingly wiped away my tear.

DMama said...

I cry with the tears that flows from the female heart...oh, that I could take back the mis-spoken words and enjoy a cuppa tea and soothe the aches of life from your weary heart. Beautiful, my sister friends.