Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Burning Bush Starts Fire"

There is such an immense, endless
stuck place in me that simply

will not express anger
in any healthy way.

I clamp down the breathing
of my heart so tightly I nearly

black out from the lack of air.
I am instantly ashamed and immobilized

by my own searing bushfire of hate
racing to annihilate every bit of me.

It was a too late, hollow realization
that I interpret all closed off

parts of anyone as anger-
not distractedness, tiredness or busy-

just anger: my own melting
rage against.....

what?

The lesson today mocks me now,
"This is a day of stillness and of peace."

My haughty inner comic sneers
"Sure we can have peace but

your ANGER is STILL here"
Oh Jesus, how do I accept

anger? How do I make a space
for that heinous of sins:

a boiling grievance against
my bothers? Against myself?

No comments: